Colorado Boulevard Corridor Study
The City of Spearfish and South Dakota Department of Transportation (SDDOT) are conducting a study of Colorado Boulevard to determine current and future transportation needs as the area continues to experience significant growth and development.
Goals of this Corridor Study
- Analyze traffic safety conditions
- Analyze current and future land use plans for properties along the corridor
- Analyze intersection operations
- Forecast future traffic conditions
- Develop prioritized list of needs and solutions
- Engage with the public and stakeholders
- Conduct preliminary environmental screening
- Provide recommended schedule of improvement projects
Project limits include Colorado Boulevard from N 27th Street to U.S. Highway 85.
We anticipate the Corridor Study will be complete in December 2023.
Data Collection and AnalysisOct. 2022 - Jan. 2023
Public Meeting #1Feb. 2023
Develop and Refine Conceptual LayoutsMar.-Jul. 2023
Public Meeting #2Aug. 2023
Develop, Review, and Revise Corridor ReportSept.-Nov. 2023
Environmental OverviewOct. 2022-Nov. 2023
Submit Final Corridor ReportDec. 2023
Throughout the plan development process, information about events and surveys will be posted here.
Thursday, Feb. 2, 2023
5:30 - 7 p.m.
Western Heritage Center
825 Heritage Drive
Spearfish, SD 57783
Click the links below to view the public meeting materials:
Past Event Materials
After the public meetings, meeting materials will be posted here for public viewing.